Friday, September 11, 2009

primero


I've started to be a fan of her when I first saw her videoclip called The Show taken from her very first self-titled debut album. I was sooo into this song. The next morning, while eating my breakfast, turned to Channel V and again, she's singing that song! and I started to 'really like' the song.

And yes, her name is Lenka Kripac.

So I asked Helly out to hangout and told her I want to buy Lenka's album and also, asked her if she knows anything about it. At first, she had no idea who Lenka is, but after I told her about the song, this was her reaction. "Oh yang sweet sweet nyanyi sambil naik basikal tu yeh? I tau I tau. Tapi x tau name dia Lenka! Lorh, u suke ke!?" haha. Lebih kurang mcm gitu la dia ckp. Kan kan Helly? Heh ngeks. Actually, I've been searching for the CD quite a long time, but failed to do so. We went to Subang Parade, Pyramid, etc. asking and searching for it but the guys in the stores were like,

"Ape!? Lenggkang? Haa? Ape dia?" and...
"What? Lengka?" (sambil buat muka annoying yg berkerut-kerut tu) and even,
"Huh? Lenka? Lady Gaga adelah.." (wth!? She's so friggin' weird)

SIGH

But I finally managed to buy the album when Helly told me that her album was already out in the stores. Ok, kat Speedy, Shah Alam Mall tu ok. Dah ade album dia! The next day, I terus beli. haha. It costs RM 46.50. (Tapi Helly dpt beli dgn RM 35 je) Errrghhh not fair mehhhh. Well, the album was GREAT. Love the lyrics too! and she's really into art, you know. I mean, just look at the cover! It's full of ART.

After a few weeks, while driving to go nowhere, (haha can't really remember) and listening to Fly fm, I was kinda shocked when Phat Fabes told the listeners (including me larh...) that Lenka will be coming to town on Sunday, 02/08/09 at One Utama. She's coming to Malaysia!? I was like "You're kidding! omaigod!" After that, I googled her and yes, IT IS true. "She will be coming soon." and you know what, the showcase will be open to all and no tickets are needed to see her performance! I was like.. heaven! (terus kasi inbox kat Helly trough Facebook ajak pegi skali. haha) And she was like, omaigod-omaigod too. hahah

Asked mama and abah, they said "hmmm.. pegi lah.." hehe great! Helly picked me up around 11 am if I'm not mistaken, and bila sampai, we jalan2 dulu and makan2 and at 3.00 pm, we went to the showcase. Before Lenka performed, there were also performance by Aliff Aziz (the sayang-sayang guy) and Amy Mastura promoting their latest album, etc.Tapi kesian jugak, there was not really much response from the audience. "Durrr.. we came here to see Lenka, not both of u." (Lebih kurang mcm tu la dlm mind diorang) See.. I can read people's mind too! haha wth!? Around 4.30 pm baru Lenka muncul. Ok, lambat gile. Dia byk interview before that. But it's ok... she did GREAT! I even got her autograph... although she spelt my name wrongly. haha. She wrote my name like this. FERRAH. heh no one had ever done that before! I mean, people always wrongly spelled my name as Farah which is with single R instead of Farrah with double R. Well, at least this was something different. haha.

p/s: I love her band mates too, especially the guitarist yg muka mcm Adam Levine tu. He rocks!
Songs that she'd performed on that day include;

Trouble is a Friend
Don't Let Me Fall
Dangerous and Sweet
I Don't Want To Grow Old ....(p/s: me too)
The Show


I did enjoy her performance eventhough ade mamat ni kat depan keep waving his TM's kipas besar warna oren that made me hard to record the show. Haishh! One more thing, I wish I could be taller if pegi tgk performance mcm tu lagi. Tak nampak sehh.. Penat kaki I dok bejengket je. Blah.

Well, that's all folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment